As we resume holding some services in our Church building we wanted to ensure that everyone knows the procedures if they wish to attend. All services, whether from the Church or elsewhere will continue to be ‘Zoomed’ too, so that everyone who wishes to, may attend. To begin with, the live services will be those being led by our Minister (usually first two Sundays of the month).
The Church building has been thoroughly cleaned after being closed for so long and various measures have been put in place to ensure everyone’s safety and also that we are complying with the government and national URC guidelines.
If you wish to attend in person:
- Please complete a booking form during the week prior to the Sunday. It should be emailed to Salisburyurc@gmail.com to arrive by the Friday before worship. You will only be able to attend if you have booked in advance at present.
- Please bring a face covering. Masks must be worn inside the Church building at all times.
- Please don’t arrive earlier than 10 minutes before the start of worship.
- Please use the front doors to enter the building and exit by the side door.
- Please use the hand sanitiser at the entrance.
- A one-way system is in place inside the building. Please don’t go into any other rooms or areas.
- Chairs will be arranged in the sanctuary at socially-distant intervals. Members of the same household may sit together. Please don’t move the chairs.
- At the end of worship you are asked to leave straight away. Please don’t stop to chat with others either inside or just outside the Church building.
At present you are asked to bring your own elements for a Communion service (first Sunday in the month). We will not be receiving an offertory in the Church at the moment. Please continue your giving as you have been doing; by Standing order, bank transfer, cheques to the Treasurer, Stewardship or Paypal.
Unfortunately we shall not be holding Junior Church at the moment. The weekly activity sheet will continue for now. Any children attending worship in the Church will have to remain seated with their parents throughout the service. We will resume when we feel that it is safe to do so.
Only the upstairs toilets will be available for use. The lift will also be available if required.
The Elders have completed a great deal of risk assessment and planning in order to re-open our Church safely. We know that it won’t be quite the same as before for the moment, but we hope it won’t be too long before we can return to a more familiar pattern of worship and other activities in our Church.
The risk assessment document is available if you wish to read it. We used a template provided by the national URC. URC Risk Assessment completed
A booking form is available if you require one. Booking Form for Sunday Worship