Andover URC, through Global Care, has sponsored Agape, a young girl in Uganda, for several years.
We are invited to pray for the work and mission of Global Care using the Prayer Calendar below on this page.
Global Care… Fighting child poverty for 37 years through Child Sponsorship, special projects and caring for children at risk.
- is a Christian organisation called to express and share the love of God through Jesus Christ.
- works in communities with impoverished children, regardless of faith or ethnicity.
- believes that every child has an intrinsic value and is unique and precious in the eyes of God.
- promotes Christian values while working to serve the needs of the whole person – body, mind and spirit including: physical health; education and opportunities to learn; material wellbeing, child protection and mentoring; safety and a suitable home environment; freedom, choice and personal dignity.
- balances efforts for individual children with community-wide measures, enabling the wider community to develop together.
Global Care Prayer Calendar
- On Sunday pray for Agape in Uganda and the centre where she lives and receives love and care.
- On Monday give thanks and pray for health and safety teams working with extremely poor and vulnerable families in rural villages of Zambia. Pray for wisdom as programmes become established again as lockdown restrictions ease.
- On Tuesday pray for children whose parents and siblings have died in armed conflicts. Pray for their healing – emotional, physical and spiritual.
- On Wednesday pray for families who lost their source of income during Covid-19. Pray for women in the microfinance scheme, that their businesses generate income to sustain their families.
- On Thursday give thanks and pray for the teams providing safety, loving care, education and welfare support for orphaned and abandoned children.
- On Friday pray for agricultural programmes aimed at helping projects become self-sustainable, particularly in rice fields destroyed by flooding.