4 July 2021 – Pentecost 6 – 10:30 am
Hybrid Communion Service — Salisbury URC Anniversary
Andover & Salisbury United Reformed Churches – united in worship on Zoom & at Salisbury URC
At home preparation: Today we celebrate communion. Please prepare juice or water to drink and bread or a cracker. If you are worshipping in the church, please bring your bread and juice with you.
We will be recording the service to share more broadly.
Thanks to our Zoom IT Team: Duty Elder: Hugh; Co-hosts: Izabella, Hugh, Carol H, Tahira, Nicky H, Diane, Ron, Elaine, Anne
Thanks to those assisting at church: Duty Elder: Fiona C; Sound-Adam H; Stewards – Maureen, Harvey & Fiona; Music- Anne & Peter; Projection – Nicky
Order of Service
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89190316526
Zoom – 9:40 Fellowship; InPerson 10:20 entry to Salisbury URC
10:20 Peter Eve will be playing the organ at Salisbury URC as worshippers enter. If you would like to listen on Zoom, stay muted and move into the Breakout Room. If you need assistance, please ask or send a chat to Elaine Harrison, the IT Host this morning.
Prelude Chorale prelude by J S Bach (tune ‘Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier’, ‘Dearest Jesus, we are here’)
As you listen to the music, if you would like to watch Peter play the organ in Salisbury URC, please choose ‘Speaker view’.
Church Notices Duty Elder – Hugh
- We are delighted to have had so many fantastic entries for the Church Calendar Competition. Everyone is now invited to vote for the twelve pictures they would like to see featured on the 2022 Church calendar. They can be found on the Salisbury URC website.
- We will be holding a hybrid service again next Sunday 11 July.
- Small fellowship groups will be available on Zoom after the service. Everyone is welcome to stay.
- Ana & Tod are with us these two weeks, as part of their new half-time schedule. If you have a ministerial or pastoral concern, please contact them directly. Starting on 13 July, they will be away for 6 weeks, including 2 weeks of holiday time.
Gathering words Psalm 123 for Today
Opening Hymn RS 39 All creatures of our God and King (vs 1,2,3,7)
Gathering Prayer & the Lord’s Prayer
Scripture Mark 6:1-13 — Jesus teaches in the synagogue – a drama
Children’s Message Mark 6:1-13 Like a noodle!
Collection & Dedication of Offering — Duty Elder – Hugh
Options for payment:
Stewardship Contribution Page: Click here to make a direct donation using your debit or credit card.
PayPal: Make a direct donation here using your debit or credit card.
On-line Banking: use for a single donation or create a Standing Order for regular payments
- Bank details for Salisbury URC: Acct Name: Salisbury United Reformed Church; Sort Code : 40-52-40; Acct No: 00016092. When you make a payment or deposit, please specify your name or Offering Envelope Number for the Treasurer’s future reference. Thank you.
- Bank details forAndover URC: Sort Code 40-08-28; Acct No. 51652362; Acct Name: Andover United Reformed Church
Prayers for our world Diane
Scripture Ezekial 2.1-6
Sermon Hymn In his home town in Galilee, by George Stuart, Australia
Sermon Keep calm and carry on
Communion Hymn RS 447 I come with Joy to meet my Lord (Tune 2)
Passing the Peace We will greet one another with a wave of peace.
Celebration of Communion
We suggest those on Zoom go to Gallery View for the rest of the service, that we might see one another and partake of the meal together. Everyone is invited to hold your bread or cracker and your holy vessel, your cup, for the blessing.
Prayer of Thanksgiving
Closing Hymn RS 463 Now let us from this table rise
Sending forth & the Grace
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all now and forever. Amen.
Postlude ‘Monologue’ by Joseph Rheinburger
Zoom Fellowship Groups
Everyone on Zoom is welcome to join a small group for fellowship and conversation.
Please leave one row at a time starting from the front, waiting for the people sitting in front of you to leave first. Please do not come forward to greet those leading the service. Use the side exit and stairs and leave through the side door downstairs. If you requires the lift, turn right through the flower room at the top of the stairs and one of the stewards will assist you. Please do not go into any other areas of the building or gather to chat either inside or just outside the building.
Go renewed to serve God!