Andover & Salisbury United Reformed Churches – united in worship on Zoom & at Salisbury URC
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89190316526
Thanks to everyone helping with today’s service: Izabela, Hugh, Tahira, Nicky H, Diane, Ron, Godlove, Elaine, Adam, Harvey, Maureen, Fiona, Anne, Peter E, Joan
Order of service & notices – 11 July 2021 ready-to-print
- 10:20 Peter Eve will play the organ at Salisbury URC as worshippers enter. If you are on Zoom and would like to listen, stay muted and move into the Breakout Room. If you need assistance, please ask. The breakout room will close a couple minutes before the start of the service.
- Remember to vote for the twelve pictures you would like to see featured on the 2022 Church calendar. They can be found on the Salisbury URC website.
- Fellowship is available after today’s service in Zoom breakout rooms. Everyone is welcome to stay.
- Starting Tuesday, 13 July, Ana and Tod will be away for 6 weeks, including 2 weeks of holiday time. If you have a pastoral concern while they are away, please contact an Elder. If you have a request or suggestion for the Benevolence Fund while they are away, please direct that to Diane Coles.
- Because we are online, many of the hymns in our songbooks are not included in our license. God has turned this into a blessing and we have discovered many new hymns which are generously shared in the public domain. We especially give thanks for George Stuart who has shared all of his hymns freely for anyone to use.
- Tomorrow our Elders gather for a second ‘Visioning’ session led by our Ministers, Ana & Tod.
Order of Service
Welcome Zoom Duty Elder – Hugh Abel
Gathering words Psalm 85:8-13
Opening Hymn RS 712 All people that on earth do dwell
Reminder to iPad users — switch to ‘Screen share’ in order to see the lyrics on your screen.
Gathering Prayer & Lord’s Prayer adapted from Prayer for Today — Louise Gough, UK
Passing the Peace
We share in this tradition as a sign of reconciliation with God and with one another. You are invited to wave on your screen, or, in the sanctuary, give a wave of peace to those near you.
Scripture Amos 7:7-15
Children’s Message Stepping up to our responsibilities
Collection & Dedication of Offering
Options for payment:
Stewardship Contribution Page: Click here to make a direct donation using your debit or credit card.
PayPal: Make a direct donation here using your debit or credit card.
On-line Banking: use for a single donation or create a Standing Order for regular payments
- Bank details for Salisbury URC: Acct Name: Salisbury United Reformed Church; Sort Code : 40-52-40; Acct No: 00016092. When you make a payment or deposit, please specify your name or Offering Envelope Number for the Treasurer’s future reference. Thank you.
- Bank details forAndover URC: Sort Code 40-08-28; Acct No. 51652362; Acct Name: Andover United Reformed Church
Prayers for our world Joan Smith
Scripture Mark 6:14-29
Sermon Hymn John was a good and holy man, by George Stuart
Sermon Knowing when to stop… and when not to!
Closing Hymn RS 646 Help us accept each other (tune=RS 509)
Sending forth & the Grace
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all now and forever. Amen.
Zoom Fellowship Groups
InPerson departure instructions:
Those gathered InPerson will leave one row at a time starting from the front. Please wait for the people sitting in front of you to leave first. Please do not come forward to greet those leading the service. Use the side exit and stairs and leave through the side door downstairs. If anyone requires the lift, please turn right through the flower room at the top of the stairs and one of the stewards will assist you. Please do not go into any other areas of the building or gather to chat either inside the building.