Our congregation in Salisbury can trace its history back to 1662 and the ministry of Rev John Strickland, a leading English Dissenter. After meeting at various sites in the city, it moved to Fisherton Street in 1878. In 1978 the building was redeveloped, with the sanctuary being moved upstairs and a new hall and meeting rooms constructed downstairs.
A fuller account of the history of Salisbury United Reformed Church is available in the book “A City Church” by church member, Fiona Crowther. Each new member of our congregation is presented with a copy. It is also available for purchase. Click here for more information. Click here for information about our War Memorials.
Today, in our Salisbury congregation we have people from a variety of church backgrounds as well as members with no previous church connection at all.